Cardiovascular Lab Specialist
Castle Rock, CO 80109
Situated between Denver and Colorado Springs, Castle Rock Adventist Hospital is a new, 50-bed acute care hospital (opened in 2013) and Level III Trauma Center providing comprehensive health care to the greater Castle Rock community and surrounding areas. From experienced emergency services to delivering babies in our innovative and comfortable Birthplace, this hospital was built as a true community partnership between Centura Health and the people of Castle Rock. In the short time since it has been open, area residents not only look to this hospital for care, but enjoy visiting its community gardens, outdoor spaces and restaurant. The ER is one of the busiest in the area and staffed with board-certified emergency physicians and specialty-trained emergency nurses. We have on-site imaging that includes MRI, CT, ultrasound, X-ray and digital mammography as well as on-site laboratory services. If you are looking for the close-knit feel of a modern, neighborhood hospital in a picturesque, family-oriented community that offers the very best of Colorado living, we invite you to explore our opportunities. For more information about Castle Rock Adventist Hospital, visit http://www.castlerockhospital.org/ .
Job Description/Job Posting ID: 108972
Recruiter Contact: Niki Miyata (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Clinic/Department: 7241 CAH CARDIAC CATH LAB
Hospital: CASTLE ROCK ADVENTIST HOSPITAL
Effectively assist physicians in performing a variety of highly specialized Cardiovascular procedures including, but not limited to, diagnostic and interventional catheterization, pacemaker/defibrillator implantation, intra-aortic balloon pump operation (IABP), and electrophysiology studies
Minimum Education Requirements
A graduate of a diploma, associate or baccalaureate academic program in health science or graduate of a programmatically accredited program in invasive cardiovascular technology
Minimum Experience Requirements
- Experience in invasive cardiovascular technology, preferred
- Cardiac diagnostic/interventional procedural experience, preferred
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) from American Heart Association
- Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS) through Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) or Registered Cardiac Electrophysiology Specialist (RCES) or Registered Radiologic Technologist (RRT) with post primary certification of Cardiac-Interventional Radiography through The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) within 18 months of starting this role with any Centura Health facility
- Colorado Surgical Assistant License within 6 months of hire unless performing Surgical Assistant duties within the scope of another active Colorado license, certification, or registration (required for Colorado employed staff only)
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) within 6 months of hire.
Position Duties (essential functions denoted with an *)
- Effectively assist physicians in performing a variety of highly specialized Cardiovascular procedures including, but not limited to, diagnostic and interventional catheterization, pacemaker/defibrillator implantation, intra-aortic balloon pump operation (IABP), and electrophysiology studies.*
- Evaluates and documents patient status and responds appropriately; intervenes/refers in a timely manner to ensure optimal patient outcomes.*
- Reflects clinical expertise, competence, and proficiency based on knowledge/skills and exceeds essential job responsibilities per department standards.*
- Reflects commitment to continued learning and sharing knowledge with patients and co-workers. Demonstrates "team player" characteristics. Is punctual, willing to assist others; participates in sub committees and initiates in-services.
- Participates in performance improvement activities to evaluate care outcomes driven by an underlying curiosity & desire to know more. Accepts accountability for use of evidence to monitor and improve care based on regulatory and practice standards.
- Effectively and safely uses equipment, time, personnel, and supplies to provide high quality, cost effective delivery of patient care.*
- Adapts to changing workload, patient needs, technologies, policies, regulation, census and staffing through priority setting and flexibility.*
- Maintains high skill level through participation in CQI, in services, ongoing education, and attendance at 80% of staff meetings.
- Ability to provide on-call coverage outside of standard scheduled hours per department and/or facility policy.*
- Recognizes and promptly acts upon unusual results or patient response by informing primary health care team to ensure patient safety and foster optimal outcomes.*
- Must be able to deal with many different personality types, ages and levels of consciousness of patients. *
- Must be able to adjust approach based on patient/family level of understanding of test procedure.*
- Promptly trouble-shoots and corrects recording instrument malfunction or unusual patient problems that interfere with recordings.*
- Independently prioritizes clinical and administrative work and identifies process improvements.*
- Process patient and department records ensuring documentations of performed tests in accordance with hospital standards.*
Medium Work - exert/lift up to 50 lbs. force occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs. frequently, and/or up to 10 lbs. constantly. INDTCH1
Important notification to applicants as of Nov. 20, 2014: Effective Jan. 1, 2015, Centura Health will no longer hire tobacco users in Colorado and Kansas. The change to our policy does not apply to associates hired on or before Dec. 31, 2014 . Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.