Certified Surgical Technician
Canon City, CO 81212
St. Thomas More Hospital, a 25-bed acute care/critical access facilty, is the cornerstone of health care services for Fremont County and surrounding southern Colorado communtites. St. Thomas More offers 24-hour emergency and trauma services, inpatient acute care, intensive care unit, The Birth Center, diagnostic imaging, surgical services, rehabilitation services, sleep disorder center and more. St. Thomas More was rated five stars by Healthgrades® for Total Knee Replacement (2012-2017), Hip Fracture Treatment (2017), and Treatment of Sepsis (2017). Our physicians specialize in emergency medicine, family medicine, internal medicine, obstetrics/gynecology services, general surgery, orthopedic surgery, and pediatric health services. Associates of St. Thomas More enjoy the camaraderie of a close-knit community hospital, the relaxed feel of small town life and an affordable cost of living in a town rich in culture and historic architecture. Located 50 miles from Colorado Springs at the foot hills of the Rocky Mountains and the entrance to the Royal Gorge, locals and visitors alike enjoy this area for some of the state's best hiking, widllife and river sports like rafting and fishing. Learn more about our hospital and life in Southern Colorado by visiting http://www.stmhospital.org/ .
Job Description/Job Posting ID: 117584
Recruiter Contact: Tiffany Hoover - TiffanyHoover@Centura.Org
Clinic/Department: 7211 STM SURGERY
Hospital: ST THOMAS MORE
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: *Days with rotating on-call requrement for night and weekend coverage.*
The Surgical Tech works under the supervision of the surgeon and RN. Assists surgical team during operative procedures by arranging and inventorying sterile set-up of instruments, equipment and supplies for surgical cases and passing items to surgeons and nurses as needed. Assists in preparing and moving patients and sterilizing and cleaning instruments, equipment and rooms.
Minimum Education Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED
- Completion of an approved Surgical Technician program
Minimum Experience Requirements
- Basic Computer skills required
- One year of experience in a surgical setting preferred
- Experience in a specialty field preferred
- Basic Life Support (BLS) from the American Heart Association
- Current Colorado Surgical TechnologistRegistration for associates working in Colorado
- * A person performing Surgical Tech functions within the scope of another Colorado license, certification, or registration does not need to register as a Surgical Tech
- Certification in Surgical Technology from the National Board Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) or Certification as a Tech in Surgery from the National Center for CompetencyTesting (NCCT)
MediumWork - exert/lift up to 50 lbs. force occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs. frequently, and/or up to 10 lbs. constantly
Important notification to applicants as of Nov. 20, 2014: Effective Jan. 1, 2015, Centura Health will no longer hire tobacco users in Colorado and Kansas. The change to our policy does not apply to associates hired on or before Dec. 31, 2014 . Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.