Registered Nurse, RN - ICU
Denver, CO 80210
Located in central Denver's historic Washington Park residential neighborhood, associates at Porter Adventist Hospital enjoy beautiful surroundings, leading technology, outstanding leadership and easy access to everything great central Denver has to offer. As a full-service Magnet® designated, 368-bed acute-care referral center specializing in behavioral health, cancer care, joint replacement, spinal care, advanced robotic surgery and organ transplantation, Porter Adventist Hospital treats some of the region's most complex medical cases and surgery patients. Our Heart and Vascular Institute is the first and only program in Colorado to receive full Heart Failure Accreditation status from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care. We have also received numerous awards and honors including: The Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award (2014); top 50th orthopedic program ranking by U.S. News & World Report with high performing honors in eight specialties (2014); an "A" rating from the Leapfrog Group for Patient Safety (2014), as well as many others. The Porter tradition of blending science and spirit began more than 75 years ago by Denver businessman Henry Porter with his generous donation after he experienced care at a Seventh Day Adventist Facility in CA and sought to bring that same philosophy of care to Denver. If you are ready for a career where the work you do truly transcends the walls of a hospital, we invite you to learn more at: http://www.porterhospital.org/
Job Description/Job Posting ID: 116520
Recruiter Contact: Charlie Hoshall, firstname.lastname@example.org
Clinic/Department: 6061 PAH ICU
Hospital: PORTER ADVENTIST HOSPITAL
Schedule: Full Time
Assumes responsibility and accountability for facilitating, communicating, and collaborating with both the healthcare team, and the patient/family to identify and meet the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of the patient. Promotes the optimal health, well being and safety of the patient through use of the nursing process and in accordance with patient care standards, guidelines and the State Nurse Practice Act. Demonstrates personal accountability for relationship-based care, organizational mission, and core values.
Minimum Education Requirements
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- Bachelors of Nursing (BSN) Preferred
Minimum Experience Requirements
- One year ICU experience required.
- Nursing skills and knowledge base specific to specialty.
- Current Colorado Registered Nurse (RN) license/ Current RN license from a participating state in National Licensure
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from American Heart Association required;
- Current Colorado Driver's License for field staff;
- Additional certifications may be required (refer to facility addendum(s)
Position Duties (Essential Functions)
PATIENT & FAMILY CENTERED CARE - 45%
- Assess patient's physical, psychosocial, cultural and spiritual needs through observation, interview, review of medical records & clinical data. Evaluates patient's response and intervenes to ensure optimal patient outcome. Develop and implement patient plan of care and observe outcomes in accordance with nursing standards and in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrate competency in a variety of therapeutic/diagnostic interventions including but not limited to IVs, incision/wound care, medication administration, catheterization and specimen collections.
- Promote, advocate and collaborate to protect the health and safety and rights of each patient.
INFORMATICS/TECHNOLOGY - 15%
- Adapts to rapidly changing technology as evidenced by competency in technology and equipment used in the patient care setting. Thorough and confidential maintenance of patient charts and records. Document ongoing status, interventions, patient response and outcomes in accurate, timely manner.
- Use information technology to communicate, manage knowledge, mitigate error, and support decision-making.
LEADERSHIP/NURSING PROFESSIONALISM - 15%
- Delegates to non-RN personnel in accordance with State Board of Nursing and entity policy.
- Effectively uses time, personnel, equipment and supplies to provide high quality, cost effective patient care.
- Professional role model for all staff demonstrating ethical/legal/professional nursing process.
- Manages resources and patient flow through matching nursing competencies with individualized patient's and unit needs.
- Uses standards of care, entity policies/procedures and regulatory guidelines to guide practice.
QUALITY OUTCOMES/QUALITY IMPROVEMENT/RESEARCH/EBP - 15%
- Verbalizes an understanding of the value of measurement and the importance of continuous quality improvement data.
- Use quality measures to improve performance and accountability for patient outcomes, patient experiences and safe delivery of care.
- Participate in unit-based Quality improvement, evidence-based practice and research activities.
- Use current healthcare research findings and other evidence to expand clinical knowledge, enhance role performance, and increase knowledge of professional issues.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT - 10%
- Seeks out learning opportunities and continuing education.
- Seeks experiences that reflect current practice in order to maintain skills and competence in clinical practice or role performance.
- Maintains professional records that provide evidence of competency and life long learning.
- Evaluates one's own integrity and nursing practice in relation to professional practice standards and guidelines, relevant statutes, rules and regulations.
- Takes action to achieve goals identified during the evaluation process.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the organization through ongoing participation at entity and unit based meetings.
- Medium Work - exert/lift up to 50 lbs force occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs frequently, and/or up to 10 lbs constantly.
Important notification to applicants as of Nov. 20, 2014: Effective Jan. 1, 2015, Centura Health will no longer hire tobacco users in Colorado and Kansas. The change to our policy does not apply to associates hired on or before Dec. 31, 2014 . Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.