Supervisor Revenue Managment
Centennial, CO 80112
Centura Health connects individuals, families and neighborhoods across Colorado and western Kansas with more than 21,000 of the most talented hearts and minds in medicine.
Through Centura Health's 17 hospitals, two senior living communities, health neighborhoods, physician clinics, Flight for Life® Colorado, home care and hospice services, we offer a diverse range of work settings in a Colorado or Kansas community you will love to call home.
Enjoy amazing people, competitive pay, some of the best benefits in the industry and plenty of opportunity for professional growth and development.
If you're ready to discover the difference of working for a fully-integrated health system with a non-profit, faith-based mission to care, we look forward to receiving your application.
Job Description/Job Posting ID: 119042
Schedule: Full Time
A leadership position is responsible for advanced problem solving arising in the department. In addition, responsible for the direct leadership of Insurance Center Staff. Responsible for direct management of associates including selecting, hiring, training, and administering corrective action in order to maintain a quality service. Provides oversight of new employee's orientation
Education Requirements: (i.e., BSN, High School Diploma, GED)
- High school or equivalent
- Possess comprehensive understanding of Insurance billing and follow-up practices, hospital Information, collection practice rules and regulations, and system functionality in order to adequately address account issues.
- 4 years' experience in revenue cycle (billing, patient access, and/or follow up)
- 3-5 years in a healthcare leadership role preferred
- Previous collection experience
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Exhibits high degree of accuracy and attention to detail in all documentation and correspondence
- Quickly incorporates technological advances that enhance productivity and service
- Strong systems skills to include intermediate knowledge of: LSS, DMS, ACD telephone system, Medicare Remote, SSI Billing system.
Position Duties (essential job functions, INCLUDE % OF TIME)
- Supervises the daily activities of the staff under his/her supervision by means of effective communication, training, guidance, direction and associate evaluations. Assures that staff accomplishes all assigned tasks in an efficient and timely manner.
- In conjunction with Insurance Center Manager, performs the personnel functions of interviewing, hiring of new staff, performance appraisals (or 1.1's), quarterly staff meetings or as necessary, disciplinary actions and other necessary related duties for the purpose of developing and maintaining an efficient staff.
OPERATIONS - 50%
- Serves as resident technical resource to all areas of accountability.
- Responsible for the development of department specific procedures, performs special projects and miscellaneous/administrative duties assigned. Keeps Manager informed of activities and decisions made within service area.
- Provides operational management of the department including understanding, monitoring and improving work-flow and processes within the area, monitoring staff schedules in Kronos, assisting on day to day problem resolution and troubleshooting. Participates in decision making concerning policies, procedures, and equipment. Assists in writing and implementation of new policies and procedures.
- Participates in quality improvement projects.
- Partners with other revenue management areas and facilities to achieve resolution. Stays current on departmental and payer changes in order to provide the most current information to Centura's patients.
- Researches and resolves issues to meet customer needs. Uses problem-solving ability for various levels of issues.
- Demonstrates good judgment in allotting proper time to any payer contact, while maintaining a professional attitude
- Completes each transaction to resolution. Escalates issues to the appropriate parties and ensures complaints and issues are handled in a timely and professional manner.
*This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned
- Medium Work - exert/lift up to 50 lbs force occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs frequently, and/or up to 10 lbs constantly.
Important notification to applicants as of Nov. 20, 2014: Effective Jan. 1, 2015, Centura Health will no longer hire tobacco users in Colorado and Kansas. The change to our policy does not apply to associates hired on or before Dec. 31, 2014 . Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.