**Description:** Are you ready to start your career working at an extraordinary company in **Centennial, CO** ?
**The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space\.**
Hypersonics opportunities in Colorado\!
As we enter a new era of Strategic Weapon Systems, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder\. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems\. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus \- if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you\.
Are you interested in working on emerging technologies? Navy Strategic Programs \(NSP\) is experiencing significant growth and we need your expertise to deliver amazing new technologies to our customers\.
Please join us as an **Lead FPGA Design Engineer** , working for one of the top companies in the world?
We have opportunities that include advanced Hypersonic Technology, Glide Body Strike technology, and other key technology insertions\. The early design and engineering phase provides you with tremendous career growth potential along with significant assignments to stretch and hone your expertise\. This is a rare opportunity to work closely alongside our Navy Strategic Systems Programs \(SSP\) partners to field a number of future strategic systems that the nation urgently needs\.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WORK ON:
• Requirements derivation\.
• Design and design reviews\.
• Engineering release \(Specifications, ICDs, Schematics, Engineering Drawings, P/Ls, Test Procedures, etc\)\.
• Development & qualification testing
• Requirement verification\.
• Data review
• Issue resolution
• Performance validation\.
This work will be done at the system / subsystem, hardware \(Unit/Assembly\), and CCA level\.
AREAS OF DESIGN INCLUDE:
• Power \(batteries & distribution\),
• Ordnance fuzing and initiation
• Control / drive circuitry
• Flight Termination System \(FTS\)
• Telemetry, Instrumentation
• Missile Harnessing
• Special Test Equipment \(STE\) for testing of hardware\.
Some hardware will be supplier provided, and will required engineering oversight and review of supplier generated data\.
YOU WILL TYPICALLY HAVE:
• **14 \- 20 years** of professional experience for this role\.
• If selected, you will need to obtain a **SECRET clearance** , thus **US Citizenship** is required\.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big\-picture thinking\.
You have opportunities to play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually\.
HERE ARE SOME OF THE BENEFITS YOU CAN ENJOY:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
You can learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package by visiting this link\.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Lockheed Martin\. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status\.
• Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education\.
• Experience in the design of FPGA and/or ASIC devices\.
• HDL programming experience with VHDL, Verilog, and/or SystemVerilog\.
• Flight electronics design
• CUDA software development
• Image processing
• Image formation
• 3D imaging
• Control systems design
• Holographic imaging
• LabVIEW, MatLab
• OVM/UVM FPGA verification
• C\+\+ software
• Integration and test
• Leadership of teams performing FPGA and/or electronics design
**Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer\. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status\.**
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours\. Our customers tackle the hardest missions\. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision\. They’re dangerous\. Critical\. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives\. Those are the missions we care about\.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges\. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U\.S\., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories\.