This job exists to: Maintain and enhance the organization's benefits programs by analyzing, implementing, and evaluating benefits policies, programs, and practices. This position develops, recommends and installs approved, new or modified plans to maintain competitive position in the market place. Provides the daily oversight and systemization of the benefits function to ensure highly effective and competent benefits administration. Build strong relationships and clear expectations with managers and serve as a resource to them.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Day-to-day responsibility for management of a highly functioning and customer service driven Benefits program that effectively partners with all levels of staff.
- Audit of weekly, per pay period, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (all benefit programs enrollment, changes, and deductions, etc.)
- Administer employee benefits programs such as retirement plans; medical, dental, vision plans; and life insurance plans. Provide benefits overview to new hires and facilitate enrollment.
- Manage the open enrollment process, including updating and activating our HRIS system, making presentations to staff, and general management of the process.
- Work with managers to educate and ensure accurate application of Clinica policies and procedures regarding benefits, including training and collaboration, as needed.
- Day-to-day responsibility of the 403b plan including plan enrollment, changes, bi-weekly funding, and some testing activities..
- Oversee benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, and vendor payment.
- Works with Benefits & Recruitment Manager to co-manage the annual renewal process; develop census data, evaluate options and compare existing benefits with those of other employers by analyzing other plans, surveys, and other sources of information. Analyze and construct company cost sharing model recommendations to leadership.
- Works with payroll staff on benefit inquires and clarification of policies.
- Resolve administrative problems with the carrier representatives.
- Administers COBRA.
- Write, maintain and support a variety of reports or queries utilizing appropriate reporting tools; develop and administer standard reports.
- Research and analyze plan designs and offerings based on employee interest and market competitiveness.
- Handle benefit inquiries and complaints to ensure quick, equitable, courteous resolution.
- Co-Leads the Wellness program and committee with the Benefits & Recruitment Manager.
- Manages benefits and human resources projects, as assigned.
- Oversight and administration of the tuition reimbursement and CME programs. Maintain a safe work environment:
- Implement, review, apply and actively enforce the clinic’s safety policies.
- Support the safety program by actively looking for opportunities to improve safety practices and evaluate staff for safety practices and ergonomic issues.
- Knowledgeable of and compliant with all laws and regulations governing area of responsibility.
- Responsible for reporting any potentially non-compliant conduct.
- Cooperates fully with our Compliance Officer in upholding our Compliance Plan
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Takes a lead role in projects, as assigned.
- Actively supports the departmental goals and initiatives.
- Leads committees and facilitates meetings, as needed.
- Ensures a positive partnership between HR and other departments within the organization as well as external customers.
- Communicates suggestions and trend observations around benefits that directly affect organizational finances and strategic plans.
SCOPE OF AUTHORITY:
- Oversight of the benefits function and projects as assigned.
- Recommends policy and procedural changes.
- Collaborates with the Benefits & Recruiting Manager, Compliance Director, Workforce staff and all employees to support all departmental programs.
Progress is reviewed quarterly and results are measured and formally evaluated annually.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor's degree is preferred. Related certs are also preferred.
- Two (2) years of HRIS and/or benefits experience (UltiPro experience preferred).
- Familiar with benefit design, cost sharing, and administration.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Establishes/maintains effective relationships with staff at all levels.
- High ethical standards and an appropriate professional demeanor.
- Strong analytical skills
- Serves as a resource to Executive Staff, Directors, Providers, Managers and staff.
- Ability to manage stress related to tense employee situations.
- Articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent communication and coaching skills.
- Excellent understanding of and respect for the body of knowledge and the laws and regulations related to Benefits.
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Ability to build strong partnerships.
- Excellent hospitality and customer service.
PRINCIPAL WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
- All Clinica Family Health Executive Staff, Directors, Providers, Managers, and Employees
- Finance Staff
- Other HR professionals in the community
- Former employers
Here's what some of our staff have to say about working at Clinica:
"Great colleagues. Wonderful mission and patients. Thankful to have had opportunities to advance my skill set."
"Working for this company has made me grow an appreciation for the people that are in need. I've learned a lot by the people that have had my back."
"The people at Clinica are caring, compassionate, helpful, fun, and encouraging."
"It is a great company to work for and provides a lot of support."
"Flexible if you have a family. The culture, the people, and the patients make Clinica a great place to work."
What we offer:
- Competitive Vacation Time
- Paid Holidays
- Medical Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Plan
- Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Growth Opportunities
Compensation: Approximately $55,700-$62,700 per year. All individual pay rates are calculated based on the candidate's experience and internal equity.
Clinica Family Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 and over, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other applicable status protected by federal, state, or local laws.