SCOPE OF JOB TASKS:
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
· Provide personal care to residents as outlined in the resident care plan. This includes but is not limited to: vital signs, mobility, bathing, dressing, light housekeeping, incontinent care, and hygiene.
· Provide laundry services as outlined in the resident care plan.
· Promote activity program by keeping residents informed about activities and escort residents as necessary.
· Answer residents’ calls, pages, and other requests for assistance in a reasonable time.
· Provide information necessary in problem-solving for residents, staff, and family members when needed.
· Promote teamwork and continuity of care at all times.
· Communicate change of condition, falls, and all other emergency situations to supervisor and ensure that adequate documentation occurs prior to leaving shift.
· Ensure compliance of ALF with federal, state, and local standards.
· Follow shift assignments as given by supervisor.
· Participate in mandatory staff training & meetings.
· Answer the telephone and takes messages if necessary.
· Read care plans on a regular basis to ensure that care is being provided as agreed upon by resident.
· Provide input to Director when care deviates from that as outlined in the care plan on a continual basis.
· Assist personnel and residents in establishing a home-like atmosphere.
· Ensure that equipment is used and maintained as designed.
· Submit requests for repair and replacement when necessary.
· All other duties assigned.