- Ensure all machinery is maintained in the best condition possible.
- Create and distributed the highest quality product possible.
- Ensure rendering and hides department makes all necessary yields if applicable.
- Make sure department is always adequately staffed for daily operations.
- Communicate with plant personnel on various plant issues and relay these issues to all necessary employees in the rendering department.
- Deal with government officials on a daily basis to insure cleanliness of area.
- Communicate with lab areas on the quality of products.
- Work schedule is flexible but requires support to al shifts and areas.
- Job performance is measured by the Operations Manager on criteria such as quality of products, expenses of department, safety of department and yields of rendering and hides area.
- Attend and give input at daily plant meetings.
- Directly involved in interviewing and hiring new supervisors.
- Directly responsible for training all new supervisors and lead men.
- Deal directly with all disciplinary matters in area and take action. This action may range from verbal warnings to termination’s.
- Production setting
- Exposure to various chemicals, machinery and knives
- Slippery floors, extreme temperatures and loud noises
- High level of interaction with other departments and employees
- 40+ hours per week, occasionally on weekends
- Potential hazards in work area may include machinery and hot water.
- Work area has many slippery floors and is very noisy
Requirements: Describe necessary knowledge or skills, and type and amount of formal schooling, and work experience normally required to obtain these. Do not describe your own particular background.
- 4 year degree in Engineering or applicable field.
Knowledge and Skills:
- 3 years experience in rendering and hides area minimum.
- Experience in numerous plants is helpful but not required.
- General mechanical skills are essential.
- Management training
- Math and computer knowledge are requirements for position.
- Lab and waste-water experience and background are helpful.
- Bilingual important, but not mandatory as long as translators are present.
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time off: sick leave, vacation and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): eligible after the 1st day of employment including company match which begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule
- Base salary range of $84,525 - $115,710
- This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s annual bonus plan; the amount of bonus varies and is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the incentive program;
The company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. The Immigration Reform and Control ACT requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.