Common Software Strategy Sr. Mgr
**Description:** **The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space\.**
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder\. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems\. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products\. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you\.
To provide best value and affordability across the Space portfolio, this leader will work directly with the Space and Missile SW Director to define the strategy for common software evolution and expansion within Space\. This leader will have the following responsibility:
• Active engagement with Engineering strategy team and program leaders to ensure technology investment in space common SW is driven by business need and resulting return on investment
• Establishing and driving the roadmap for common sw product evolution
• Establishing Missile SW common components, with an emphasis on Hypersonic missions
• Lead new business pursuit strategy, representing Common Software Solutions across the missions and mission lifecycles
• Primary POC for expanded insertion of SW Common Products into franchise programs
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big\-picture thinking\.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually\. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package\.
• Must have a Bachelors degree in a technical/engineering/science discipline
• Experience driving a major initiative that involves technological advancements and organizational changes
• Experience driving a product line organization vision
• Complex system development experience \(spacecraft or other similar system\)
• Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills\.
• Flight SW and Missile SW development experience
• Ground SW development experience
• IRAD PI experience
**Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer\. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status\.**
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours\. Our customers tackle the hardest missions\. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision\. They’re dangerous\. Critical\. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives\. Those are the missions we care about\.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges\. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U\.S\., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories\.