Executive Communications Specialist
**Description:** We’re looking for a motivated communications professional to support executive communications as a member of the Lockheed Martin Space Communications team\. Reporting to the Manager of Executive Communications, the person in this role will orchestrate key executive leaders across the Space business to deliver a compelling narrative using reputation\-building channels, as well as secure external opportunities for thought leadership\. This position will have the unique opportunity to interact with leaders at the highest levels of the company and learn the fundamentals of being a trusted communications advisor for executive leadership\. The successful candidate will be a highly organized, driven self\-starter who can successfully manage multiple projects and deadlines\.
• Build and execute an annual engagement strategy that helps key executives share a clear enterprise\-wide vision and connects them more directly with external stakeholders\.
• Develop integrated communications plans to ensure key executives are seen and heard in venues that provide clear opportunities to shape industry dialogue and influence perceptions driven by our Space narrative\.
• Facilitate two\-way communication and feedback sharing between executives and various stakeholders\.
• Work cross\-functionally with members of the Space External Communications and Visual Communications teams to ensure integrated execution of communications engagements\.
• Bachelor's Degree in one of the following disciplines: PR, Communications, Marketing, Journalism, English or equivalent experience/combined education, with professional experience and specialized training commensurate with assignment\.
• 5\+ years relevant experience in corporate communications, PR and/or marketing communications\.
• Excellent writing and editing skills, including the use of AP Style\.
• Experience creating and implementing communications plans\.
• Ability to build both strategic and tactical plans that drive perceptions, deliver key messages and get results\.
• Familiarity with a wide variety of communication channels, techniques and emerging technologies, with a natural curiosity that leads to continuous improvement\.
• Proven exceptional strategic, written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to persuade and motivate action\.
• Attention to detail, adaptability, and a sense of urgency\.
• Strong work ethic and positive attitude\.
• A self\-starter who can be depended upon to ensure the accuracy and quality of content with minimal day\-to\-day supervision\.
• Ability to multitask, adapt and work well in a fast\-paced, deadline\-driven environment\.
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and work well under pressure with employees at all levels\.
• Proven strong strategic communications mindset with experience delivering business results and success measures\.
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships and collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders, including executive management\.
• Comfortable providing coaching, new ideas, sensitive feedback and real\-world lessons learned to leaders at all levels\.
• Project management experience\.
• Demonstrated executive presence\.
• Knowledge of Lockheed Martin's business\.
**Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer\. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status\.**
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours\. Our customers tackle the hardest missions\. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision\. They’re dangerous\. Critical\. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives\. Those are the missions we care about\.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges\. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U\.S\., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories\.