Responsible for the management and oversight of multiple Human Resource functions including, but not limited to: Employee and Labor Relations, Payroll, Employment, Training and Development and Compliance. Duties include assuring compliance with such agencies as; USCIS, NLRB, OSHA, EEOC, OFCCP, as well as related internal policies and practices. Manage and direct the human resource activities and strategies through local HR staff.
- Provide technical support for operations management and HR staff.
- Oversee and direct all administrative activities, e.g., record keeping, policy administration/compliance, etc.
- Oversee the recruiting and staffing functions.
- Direct involvement in safety, health services, ergonomics, and Workers’ Compensation.
- Oversee and direct plant payroll functions.
- Oversight of community relations programs as well as diversity outreach programs.
- Oversee and direct the career development and training activities for all employees of the facility.
- Assess, understand, and focus on human resources details/data (e.g., staffing, application flow, turnover, Workers’ Compensation, safety, etc.) and develop, implement playbook, action plans, and best practices to positively impact.
- Use Process Mapping and Continuous Improvement practices to better understand a process and eliminate waste/bottlenecks.
- Represents plant management concerning employee relations, EEOC, and legal litigation activity.
- Establishes and maintains employee relations.
- Direct the facilities EEO and AAP activities.
- Under the guidelines issued by the corporate offices administer compensation, benefits, human resource development (HDR), training, and performance management programs.
- Provide counsel to managers that will promote employee relations.
- Acts as HR liaison with operating facilities and the corporate office.
- Be a strategic partner/alignment with General Manager and other upper management personnel in the facility.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree preferred, Master’s degree and PHR/SPHR certification optional 5 plus years as a plant Human Resources Director with related experience.
- Union and Non-Union Experience.
- Strong understanding of all HR related functions to include, but not limited to: Staffing and Retention Strategies, Labor Relations, Collective Bargaining Agreement/Company Policy interpretation and enforcement, Compliance (AAP, I-9, Payroll, Leaves of Absence, etc.), Workers’ Compensation, Case Management, Health Services, Team Member and Community Relations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to handle conflict
- Uphold and Champion Company Values: Determination, Discipline, Ownership, Simplicity, Sincerity, Humility, and Availability.
- As a salaried position with the company, you may be required to travel at some point to other facilities, to attend Company events, or as a representative of the Company in other situations. Unless otherwise specified in this posting, the amount of travel may vary and the most qualified candidate must be willing and able to travel as business needs dictate.
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): company match begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule;
- Base salary range of $80,000 - $100,000; and
- Incentive Pay: This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s annual bonus plan, the amount of bonus varies and is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the incentive program;
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado, JBS and Pilgrim’s is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation for this role. This compensation range is specific to the State of Colorado and takes into account various factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to a candidate’s relevant experience, qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiencies for the role.
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. It is a job expectation that all new employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Those who have, at minimum, the first of a two-dose vaccine in advance of their first date of employment will be required to receive the second dose within the manufacturers recommend timeframe and submit proof of their final vaccination dose once obtained. If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine, the Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare partners following a conditional job offer, if one is made. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.
JBS USA is a leading global provider of diversified, high-quality food products, including a portfolio of well-recognized brands and innovative, easy-to-use food solutions. We process, prepare, package and deliver fresh and value-added premium meat, poultry and retail-ready food products for customers in approximately 100 countries on six continents. We are also the majority shareholder of Pilgrim’s, the largest poultry company in North America. JBS USA employs more than 100,000 team members, and our corporate office is located in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, where our 1,200 team members onsite enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
Our mission: To be the best in all that we do, completely focused on our business, ensuring the best products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers, profitability for our shareholders and the opportunity of a better future for all of our team members.
Our core values are: Availability, Determination, Discipline, Humility, Ownership, Simplicity, Sincerity