*To be considered you must apply at: https://stacktest.com/ (Requisition #7272)
Position Type: Full time - Exempt
Organization: Alliance Source Testing
Department: Field Services
Reports To: Regional Manager
Location & Travel: Denver, Colorado & Up to 50%
Posting Dates: 11/11/2020 - 12/11/2020
The Operations Manager (OM) is a senior management role that has full responsibility for operations and administrative functions at an office location. OM activities include managing and/or participating in recruiting, sales, scheduling, technical training, cost estimation, test plan and report review, customer service, and asset allocation.
OMs are responsible for ensuring that operations personnel comply with all company (administrative and technical) SOPs as well as Safety, DOT and Quality Programs. The OM is also responsible for resolving customer complaint and/or service issues. OMs partner with their RM and Sales team for business development opportunities within the geographic area of the office as well as areas of specialty services, if applicable, throughout the company. OMs participate in business reviews, new account strategy (identify customer needs and translate them into revenue opportunities) and have hiring and firing decision-making roles at their office.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure consistent execution of core deliverables to the customer. Communication and coordination with Client Account Managers (CAM) and Technical Services to facilitate final proposals, test plans and test reports
- Promotes and participates in conference calls and presentations with senior management, sales team, and other key personnel to facilitate and coordinate: revenue forecasting, project planning, business development, technical training, and customer service activities
- Coordinates with CAMs, OMs and RMs for ATLAS project scheduling. Responsible to staff personnel at base location 3 weeks out at minimum
- Expected to staff each project with appropriately trained personnel for the project and to optimize scheduling to reduce travel costs
- Ensures that productivity level of the office is maintained and plays an active partnering role in managing key customer relationships
- Responsible for the direct supervision of all team members in assigned local office
- Communicates frequently with Operations Excellence for coordination of standardized training of personnel at base location
- Works with HR and RM concerning performance reviews, changes/promotions and disciplinary action as necessary.
- Continually monitors staffing levels at their office and will request hiring requisitions as needed
- Responsible to utilize Paycom to review candidates, set up and conduct interviews proactively to always have personnel ready to hire when authorized to do so
- Enforces current standards, codes and procedures regarding safe and effective use of equipment, maintenance programs and other policies as required. Ensures the company is represented in a professional manner while at customer sites
- Carries out management and supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws to include interviewing, hiring and training of employees; planning, assigning and directing work; and addressing complaints and resolving customer issues
- Communicate daily with all Project Managers within the local office on daily field activities and provide daily updates to the RM
- Ensures vehicle and test equipment cleanliness and readiness of local office
- Conduct Monthly Safety and Quality Meeting with Project Managers and Project Scientists at your location using the standardized content provided by Operations Excellence. Send the completed attendance roster each month to EHS
- Fleet Management. Address vehicle repairs as needed.
- Work with AST DOT Compliance Manager to manage your staff to ensure DOT compliance with your location
- Ensure waste chemicals are properly labeled and disposed of for your location
- Provide maintenance, upkeep, and address any issues with the office building at your location
- Manages Office P&L
Education – EITHER: Bachelors Degree (Science, Engineering or related field preferred) and 5 years’ of stack testing management experience OR High School Diploma and 8 years’ of stack testing management experience.
Experience – Maintains current qualified individuals (Q1) credentials for Groups 1 and 3. Use of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Adobe Products and tools or equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities – Demonstrated ability to manage and motivate others. Customer Focused – demonstrate excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills with customers to understand their needs, meet their objectives and resolve issues or problems. Maintain required in-house and customer specific safety training and DOT requirements.
Certifications – Valid driver’s license.
Physical Requirements – Flexibility to work outdoors and in industrial environments 40+ hour weeks. Consistent standing or walking, bending, crouching or stooping, climbing ladders and/or stairs, frequent lifting of objects weighing up to 75 pounds. Distinguish between shades of color. Work safely in an office and field environment, operate an Aerial Lift from the platform or deck and willingness to work at elevated heights on stack platforms up to 300 feet.
|ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION||Alliance Source Testing is focused solely on providing accurate and consistent stack testing solutions that allow our partners to make informed decisions and succeed responsibly.|
We are the largest exclusive air emissions testing company in the United States. With our expertise in performing U.S. EPA, SW-846, CARB, NIOSH and NCASI test methods, Alliance Source Testing is uniquely qualified to prove the highest level of service to our partners to ensure compliance with NSPS, MACT and state permit testing requirements; CEMS evaluations for Part 60, 63 and 75 programs; and onsite field and analytical services.
|EOE STATEMENT||We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. |