Combine two of the fastest – growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making Healthcare data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
Excellent communication and organizational skills are essential in order to successfully communicate with a diverse consumer population and team. You will be required to handle multiple tasks while demonstrating independent thinking and problem – solving skills.
This position is full time. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime and weekends.
If you are in the Boulder, CO area and are willing to travel to two of our other sites in Erie and Lafayette as needed then this role may be for you. Training will be conducted virtually from your home.
What we do defines who we are. Take a deeper look at how we’re providing support during this global health crisis and search for a way you can get involved. View our Covid – 19 Resources Page at: https://info.uhg.com/
- Greeting & Registering patients
- Entering exam orders as required
- Responsible for obtaining all demographics and insurance information
- Point of service collections
- Authorizations from patients (or their representatives) and physicians in a courteous and efficient manner for billing
- Providing information
- Answering phones
- Other duties pertinent to optimal patient experience, patient flow, and efficient staff utilization are also expected
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ Year of customer service experience
- 1+ Year of experience in an office or medical environment
- Excellent computer skills to include Microsoft Outlook, (scheduling meetings and sending e – mails), Microsoft Word (create and send documents) and ability to navigate Window and have excellent keyboarding skills
- Must be available to work Sunday through Wednesday between the hours of 6 AM to 7 PM, and possible Saturday rotation between the hours of 6 AM to 7 PM
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group – approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Comfortable handing cash transactions
- Comfortable with Electronic Medical Records
- Knowledge of insurance, coding, authorizations and revenue cycle
- Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Multi – tasking
- Attention to detail
- Problem Solving
- Able to use common office equipment with ease (credit care machines, copies/ scanners)
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
Some of the steps we’ve taken to ensure employee well – being include:
- Launched our ProtectWell app and UnitedCARES program to help ease the burden and stress for our UnitedHealth Group team members and their immediate family affected by COVID – 19
- Daily updates from our CEO Dave Wichmann to support and inspire team members during this challenging time
- Onsite social distancing and increased sanitization measures for employees who have been welcomed back to our offices
- Fully cover the COVID – 19 healthcare costs for our employees
You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID – 19 and support impacted communities at: https://www.unitedhealthgroup.com/newsroom/addressing-covid.html
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health – related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Health Care; Patient Coordination; UHG, Office, Boulder, CO, hiring immediately