Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking a talented Quality Assurance Specialist I for one of the following locations: San Antonio Home Office II/III, Colorado Springs Campus, Phoenix Campus, Tampa Campus or Tampa Crosstown.
Supports USAA's financial strength through measurement, analysis, and review of quality assurance and compliance related business processes. Responsible for executing quality assurance and first-level reviews of business processes which involve reviewing documentation to ensure activities are in line with USAA's policies and procedures. Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks and ensures these risks are effectively identified, measured, monitored and controlled. In addition, this role is responsible for pulling and reviewing reports and managing research queries for Managers or other internal stakeholders. Participates in the planning, execution and delivery of quality assurance related initiatives
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
USAA Careers - Award Winning Workplace (17 seconds)
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Under minimal supervision, performs moderately complex quality evaluations such as call/contact monitoring and testing to be used as internal controls reported to CoSA Management, Enterprise Partners, and/or Executive Leadership. Performs specific targeted testing and monitoring of designated processes and transactional activity.
- Evaluates for accuracy, compliance, and consistent execution of internal processes and regulations to mitigate risk and protect brand and reputation.
- May collaborate with leaders and internal partners to execute quality assurance activities. Coordinates with internal partners to meet compliance requirements and mitigate risk.
- Acquires and applies a maturing knowledge of the regulatory landscape to ensure proper compliance with laws and internal processes are followed.
- Creates reports and delivers assessment/evaluation results to appropriate levels of leadership and applicable stakeholders. Analyzes and interprets data to monitor trends, identifies trends/root causes, and partners with customers to proactively address issues and support the development of appropriate action plans and business solutions.
- Serves as an informal subject matter resource, assisting the first line of defense with quality, compliance, and regulatory questions related to operational and business execution.
- Provides quality support and works to resolve escalations and drives consistency related to assessment/evaluation results and findings. Maintains and applies a proficient level of knowledge of industry products, services and processes.
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma
- 2 years of quality assurance experience in financial services industry OR 3 years of related work experience in customer service, operations, or processing experience in relevant industry.
- Strong communication skills with demonstrated to translate information in a way that is easily understood by varying audiences.
- Ability to evaluate, prioritize and make informed decisions to ensure timely and accurate completion.
- 2+ years of experience in Banking Quality Assurance
- 2+ years of experience in Retail Banking Card/Deposit and/or Consumer Lending
- Leadership experience
- Experience in identifying process improvements
- Banking Regulatory and Compliance certifications
- Background in multiple Banking regulations
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.