Senior Cyber Systems Engineer
The MITRE Corporation
Colorado Springs, CO
**Senior Cyber Systems Engineer**
Why choose between doing meaningful work and having a fulfilling life? At MITRE, you can have both\. That's because MITRE people are committed to tackling our nation's toughest challenges—and we're committed to the long\-term well\-being of our employees\. MITRE is different from most technology companies\. We are a not\-for\-profit corporation chartered to work for the public interest, with no commercial conflicts to influence what we do\. The R&D centers we operate for the government create lasting impact in fields as diverse as cybersecurity, healthcare, aviation, defense, and enterprise transformation\. We're making a difference every day—working for a safer, healthier, and more secure nation and world\. Our workplace reflects our values\. We offer competitive benefits, exceptional professional development opportunities, and a culture of innovation that embraces diversity, inclusion, flexibility, collaboration, and career growth\. If this sounds like the choice you want to make, then choose MITRE—and make a difference with us\.
The AF Space, Cyber & Intelligence Department, is seeking a motivated Cyber Systems Engineer to support our work program\. As a member of our Space, Cyber and Intel Solutions team, you will help solve our nation's most technically challenging problems and work in the public interest building prototype communications and monitoring systems that will identify and defend against cyber system vulnerabilities at the physical, datalink, network, transport, through to the application layers of the OSI model in a variety of communication devices and networks\. This work will be conducted collaboratively with the multiple MITRE and government organizations\.
* Conduct detailed analysis of systems, signals, and underlying protocols to identify potential security issues and produce remedies to enhance security features
* Develop software defined radio solutions using gnu\-radio and/or GP/GPU digital signal processing algorithms
* Develop test bench prototypes and experiments with various network and RF radio communication systems
* Work with government counterparts to transition prototypes to operational applications
* BS or equivalent and 5 years’ experience or MS and 3 years’ experience in analysis, design, development, or penetration testing of digital communications systems\.
* Experience using software defined radio and gnu\-radio, or digital signal processing technologies such as Ettus, Nuand, or others\.
* Ability to program languages to include C/C , Python, Java to design and implement solution where software and hardware meet\.
* Ability to think outside of the box and look at problems from different sides to find solutions that are not mainstream\.
* Experience building dissectors for PCAP, Wireshark, NTAP/TUN devices\. Ham radio technician license\.
* Familiarity with SATCOM and data link communications protocols\.
**Job** Cyber Security
**Primary Location** United States\-Colorado\-Colorado Springs
**This requisition requires a clearance of** Top Secret/SCI
**Travel** Yes, 5 % of the Time
**Job Posting** Apr 22, 2018, 11:00:00 PM
**Req ID:** 00049775