Senior Systems Security Analyst
Schriever AFB, CO
**Description:** Responsible for implementing and enforcing national, DOD \(8500\.2, 5200\.2\-R, etc\.\), and MDA security policies and directives\. Oversees intrusion detection, boundary protection and vulnerability assessment operations to defend the C2BMC component of the Ballistic Missile Defense Communications Network \(BMD COMNET\) and C2BMC mission systems and services\. Develops a network defense visibility display and directs/executes time sensitive adjustments to the network security posture to minimize or counter operational risk\. The Network Defender will collect, store and present data and metrics for use by senior leaders to conduct Operational Risk Management \(ORM\) decisions on the network security posture and perform proactive security functions established to assist BMD organizations in deterring, detecting, isolating, containing, and recovering from information system \(IS\) and network security intrusions and mitigating known network vulnerabilities\. The Network Defender will operate and administer the BMD provided IA/CND suite, to include firewalls, correlated log analysis, intruder alert and related services to protect BMD COMNET infrastructure and information services from internal and external threats\.
• Performs other related duties and assignments as required\.
• Position requires 24x7 shift work\. Candidate will be assigned to a shift to be determined by mission requirements\. Some substitute rotation during off\-shifts, including nights and weekends will be required\.
• DoDI 8570 certification level IAT \- II level \(Security \+ CE, SSCP, GSEC, or CCNA\-Security\)
• Sound knowledge of and practical experience in the usage of an array of network and information security tools \- Knowledge of modern computer systems, client/server, LAN/WAN and Network concepts, modern network management and monitoring concepts
• Previous experience in the monitoring/management of intrusion detection systems and firewall devices, to include SideWinder, ArcSight, HBSS and/or Tripwire \- Experience securing network gear against known vulnerabilities
• Certified Ethical Hacker certification\.
• Unix and/or Microsoft operation system training\.
Knowledge of Missile Defense and/or military systems is a plus\.
The candidate should have technical skills related to documenting system security engineering designs and network information assurance\.
Successful candidate must be a team builder, and possess outstanding written, verbal, organizational and interpersonal skills\. Candidate must be a self\-starting problem solver with the ability to work with military and civilian personnel in a potential high stress situation with limited supervision\.
**Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer\. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status\.**
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours\. Our customers tackle the hardest missions\. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision\. They’re dangerous\. Critical\. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives\. Those are the missions we care about\.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges\. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U\.S\., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories\.