IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
In this exciting role you will design .NET (C#) software tools and subsystems to support software reuse and domain analyses and manages their implementation.
· Manage software development and support using formal specifications, data flow diagrams, other accepted design techniques and Computer-Aided Software Engineering (CASE) tools.
· You will estimate software development costs and schedules.
· Review existing programs and assist in making refinements, reducing operating time and improving current techniques.
· Formulate and defines specifications for software applications or modifies and maintains existing applications using engineering releases and utilities from the manufacturer.
· Work is located in Colorado Springs, CO
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
+ Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
+ Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee’s strengths and career aspirations
+ Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
**Required Technical and Professional Expertise**
· Strong programming .Net skills with skills in developing code to interact with relational databases.
· Experience in all software development life cycle phases.
Experience with Multi-tiered custom application design & development.
· Designs, develops, enhances, debugs and implements .NET code related to the various applications
· Troubleshoots production problems
· Researches, tests, builds and coordinates the conversion and/or integration of new products.
· Resolves problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements
· Addresses problems of systems integration
· Interim DoD Secret Clearance
**Preferred Tech and Prof Experience**
Active DoD Secret Clearance
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.