Denver International Airport (DEN) is the third-busiest airport in the United States and one of the top ten busiest airports in the world, connecting our community globally through flight and business. DEN is the primary economic engine for the state of Colorado, generating more than $33 billion for the region annually and employing nearly 30,000 people. At DEN, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace. We celebrate individuality and uplift all races, ethnicities, gender identities, national origins, ages, abilities, religion, and LGBTQIA+ communities. We know that our diversity makes us stronger, and we strive to keep diversity, equity and inclusion at the center of all that we do.
The Special Projects Division is looking for an experienced Business Director to perform the following job responsibilities:
- Maintains a tracking system of contract files throughout the term of the contract, archives all resource documents, and completes reports for management on contractor performance.
- Provides technical guidance to staff and contractors, recommends and coordinates the implementation of policies and procedures for assigned functions, and assists in developing new policies and procedures.
- Maintains contract files throughout term of contract, generates status reports for management, and processes close-out documents at conclusion.
- Manages and participates in legal, fiscal, and procedural monitoring activities, evaluates the effect of unforeseen developments on plans and activities, and presents to top level management suggested changes in function direction and redirection.
- Administers the financial operations of a functional area(s) including developing the annual operating budget, monitoring financial activities, developing required budget reports, and preparing fiscal reports showing the financial status of operations for the review by departmental managers.
- Directs the development of contracts within the functional area including drafting RFP for professional/services contracts, evaluating proposals, selecting successful bidder, administering the contracts, and monitoring contracts for compliance and expenditures.
- Coach, mentor, develop, and challenge staff. Champion continuous improvement, including devising new strategies and new opportunities. Set performance standards for the team and ensure operations achieve or exceed performance metrics. Implement management initiatives that impact operations; advocate and defend final decisions.
- Assists staff to achieve performance standards and identifies opportunities for continual improvement to performance standards.
- Fosters an atmosphere of innovation in order to challenge the organization to think creatively, especially as it relates to positive citizen and customer experience opportunities.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.