**Description:** The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space\!
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder\. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems\. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products\. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you\.
This dynamic position is based in Boulder, CO\. The responsibilities of the System Engineer \(SE\) include:
• Operations of multi\-user computer systems, virtual computer systems, COTS software products and performs system administration within the scope of the contract\.
• Monitoring and correcting system performance issues, backing up and restoring files, patching system and operating system software, maintaining software licenses and assisting the Information Assurance \(IA\) team with account management and system vulnerability management\.
• You will also provide “on the job training” on system configuration, assist in deploying software/hardware deliveries, support special projects and assist operational crews and contractor teams to resolve system and network issues\.
• You will assist the Information Assurance team by providing access to system logs, instruction for monitoring user accounts and identifying/responding to security issues/incidents\.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big\-picture thinking\.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually\. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package\.
•Have experience in building windows/Linux Systems
•Understand Directory structure
•Experience with Virtualization
•Be able to trouble\-shoot operating system issues
•Understand basic network administration
•Installed COTS products
•Have built and maintained storage systems
•Experience in writing scripts and automation
•Understand basic system level drawings
•Have rack mounted equipment and run cables
•Must have Security Plus
•Must be willing to travel to Boulder/GANGS
•Able to communicate with customers and other engineers
• Active TS/SCI
• Strong troubleshooting skills
• Must have strong teamwork skills
• Worked with system provisioning tool CHEF
• Information Assurance \(IA\) hardening and compliance i\.e\. STIG & DSS compliance documentation
**Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer\. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status\.**
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours\. Our customers tackle the hardest missions\. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision\. They’re dangerous\. Critical\. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives\. Those are the missions we care about\.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges\. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U\.S\., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories\.