**Description:** The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space\.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder\. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems\. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus—if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you\.
MSP is continually upgrading the mission to provide new technologies and new capabilities\. These new enhancements or changes to the technical baseline\(s\) need to be accommodated with a systems thinking mindset to ensure the company and the customer are all satisfied with the outcome\.
As a EPS systems project lead you will support the MSP Electrical Power System \(EPS\) team in leading the oversight and execution of EPS Special Test Equipment \(STE\) to ensure STE is delivered on schedule / cost to support flight EPS box testing\. As a secondary responsibility in this role, you will develop requirements matrix & strategy for future EPS architecture including evaluation of common power products and / or evolution of current BIII power products to improve system cost\.
In this role you typically will:
• Assess STE development and production progress through monitoring of agile / IMS schedule progress, analysis of Earned Value Metrics, and critical path evaluation\.
• Manage a weekly / bi\-weekly business rhythm to ensure STE technical, cost, schedule issues are understood and being prioritized to ensure delivery commitments are met
• Present STE progress, issues, and risks to Senior leadership and customer at weekly Drive\-to\-Delivery meetings\. Additionally, Support CAM & Senior Manager with metrics and reporting for PMRs
• Coordinate dependencies & information flow between engineering, STE production teams, and test organizations
• Complete trade evaluations for EPS system architecture and future growth
• Work with systems team to coordinate and close EPS / spacecraft Bus system level decisions
• Use your excellent communication skills to work across the Lockheed Martin organization and customer/user community to ensure consensus and understanding of solutions
Typically has 14\+ years of professional experience\.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big\-picture thinking\.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually\. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package\.
• Bachelor’s degree \(Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, RF Engineering, or a related technical discipline\)
• Multi\-functional team coordination and project leadership
• Experience performing system trade studies
• Experience with requirements development and flowdown
• Working knowledge of Schedule/Earned Value metrics
• Active TS/SCI clearance prior to start date
• Experience with the Raptor power subsystem or related electrical power subsystems
• Experience working in the execution / delivery phase of a program
• Project engineering experience or relevant training
• Design and test experience in a subsystem or discipline outside of Systems Engineering \(such as Electronics\)
• Familiarity or proficiency with the following software tools: Microsoft Project, FastTrack, Agile
• Ability to work in a fast\-paced, synergetic team environment
• Demonstrated behaviors of a systems thinker with the ability to select and apply appropriate systems thinking skills to solve problems and implement constructive decision making
• Ability to build consensus among peers while building solid relationships with team members
• Strong team collaboration, communication, and presentation skills
• Strong Microsoft Office Suite proficiency
**Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer\. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status\.**
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours\. Our customers tackle the hardest missions\. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision\. They’re dangerous\. Critical\. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives\. Those are the missions we care about\.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges\. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U\.S\., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories\.