**Description:** **The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space\.** At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder\. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems\. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products\. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you\.
You will perform electrical and mechanical assembly/test activities at the sub\-system and spacecraft level\.
**Summary of Key Duties for this position:**
• You will perform work from Test procedures, engineering drawings, and manufacturing process plans\.
•You will support test operations in areas of cabling, test equipment, test procedures, and computers\. This would include sub\-system / system test including environments, Thermal Vacuum Acceptance Cycle \(TVAC\), Vibration etc\. Box installation, harness routing, and final close out activities\.
• You will support both test operations and manufacturing operations\.
• You will perform a variety of duties in the electronic, mechanical, electromechanical, and/or optical areas\.
Constructs, troubleshoots, calibrates, adjusts, tests, diagnoses, and maintains equipment, components, devices, or systems\.
Works from schematics, engineering drawings and written or verbal instructions\.
Operates related equipment; conducts tests and reports data in prescribed format\. b
Performs calibration and alignment checks; makes adjustments, modifications, and replacements as directed; prepares prescribed compounds and solutions\.
**This position requires shift work, including nights, weekends and holidays\.**
**Benefits of Employment:**
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big\-picture thinking\.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually\. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package\.
**Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer\.** All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status\.
• High School diploma, or equivalent experience/combined education, with additional specialized technical training equivalent to a technical Associate degree and/or demonstrated ability to perform assigned technical/para\-engineering tasks and 1 Year of experience\.
• Experience and/or knowledge of proper use of standard hand tools\.
• Ability to complete routine work instructions with general supervision and complete jobs in new lines of work or special assignments with detailed work instructions\.
• Ability to work shift work and weekend work required\.
• Knowledge or experience of Assembly, Test, and/or Launch Operations\.
• Mechanical experience/background – spacecraft operations, aircraft/aviation power plant, a automotive, and/or manufacturing experience\.
• Electrical harness experience and/or electrical troubleshooting skills\.
• Knowledge or experience with gantry crane operations, and/or forklift operations\.
• Knowledge or experience with engineering drawings or blueprints\.
• Knowledge of general test equipment operations\.
• Knowledge of mechanisms\.
• Knowledge of environmental test operations\.
**Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer\. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status\.**
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours\. Our customers tackle the hardest missions\. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision\. They’re dangerous\. Critical\. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives\. Those are the missions we care about\.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges\. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U\.S\., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories\.